Mis Tribus is a Non-Profit Company, based in Gurabo, Puerto Rico. It was founded by Kevin Shockey, based on this mission:
Mis Tribus is an open community that provides creators (authors, producers, artists) with the tools, services, and knowledge, to independently publish, produce, and sell their creative products.Kevin is author, speaker, and founder. He's currently working on Mis Tribus: A New Media Non-Profit Company while founding the social engagement platform Fanz.ly. Previously he founded DóndeEs.com, the SNAP Platform, and SNAPPIX. He's an O'Reilly Media author and speaker and was Editor in Chief of TUX Magazine. He has a BS and MS in Computer Science and over 30 years in the software industry.
Achievements by Kevin Shockey:
- In November 2011, I received a Community Grant from the Internet Society to create a sustainable software development community within Puerto Rico. The community is the Puerto Rico Python Interest Group (prPIG).
- I've been volunteering over on the Conversations Network, one of the leading podcast networks on the Internet. Here is a list of all the shows where I've either done the web-site editing (write-up) of a show, or served as series producer. In my list of crowd-sourced podcasts, I have over 130 shows to my credit.
- I've served on the O'Reilly Open Source Conference (OSCON) Committee since 2006. I have presented OSCON tutorials in 2012 and 2006, and sessions in 2005, 2006, and 2010.
- I was a member of the 2010 O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference Committee.
- Published in Linux Journal for coverage from 2012 O'Reilly Open Source Conference, 2006 Linuxworld in Boston and Canada; 2005 Startup School, and the Snap Development Platform.